Tagged: Travel Tips
August 8, 2014 at 10:44 pm #2194AdministratorKeymaster
You would like to get away this weekend, but the cost of airfare is holding you back. This is quite commonly the reason why more people do not attempt cheap travel. They simply do not know how to do so affordably when they have to fly to reach their destination. The good news is that there are some great places where you can go inexpensively. To get there, you just need to know how to save on airfare costs.
Tips For Air Travel Savings
There are several ways you can save money on airfare. If you are planning a weekend getaway, here are some tips to save money.
- Compare prices and get quotes. This is the largest mistake people make. Invest the time in getting quotes from several online and local travel agencies for the airlines. You may find a number of different pricing options to the same destination.
- Be flexible with the airline you select. Often, the larger airlines will do a good amount of advertising of their flights. Yet, most airports do have budget airlines that offer discounting pricing. They often fly on a limited schedule, but they do so at a discounted price.
- Be flexible in when you travel. If you are willing to travel during the night, or in the very early morning, you will save money over traveling during the traditional business day. Plus, if you are willing to travel during the week, you will save more. Instead of a Friday through Sunday trip, try a Thursday through Saturday trip instead. You will save money.
- Be okay with stops in the flights. Sometimes, airlines will have several stops available in their flight plan. For example, you may stop at another airport half way to your destination. This may increase the timeframe by a few hours, but it could save you a great deal of money, too.
- Go last minute. To fill up seats on a plane, airlines often offer discounted pricing at the last minute, for example, the week prior to the flight’s departure. If you are willing to risk not getting a flight, this is a great way to save money.
When it comes to traveling on a budget, airfare can be quite expensive. However, if you use these strategies, you are likely to save a good deal of money and still have an amazing weekend getaway to enjoy.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.